Compras a menudo en Amazon?? Pincha aquí!!!



ViewGrip: #1 Free Youtube Views, Likes & Subscribers




Powered by Restream.io


sábado, 14 de enero de 2023

Show HN: RecoverPy 2.0: Recover deleted or overwritten files from your terminal https://ift.tt/0cB81xV

Show HN: RecoverPy 2.0: Recover deleted or overwritten files from your terminal Repo: https://ift.tt/7mdzecT Hi! I just released RecoverPy version 2.0.0 and wanted to share it with you. RecoverPy is a tool with Terminal User Interface to recover deleted and/or overwritten data from your terminal. Version 1.0.0 was released probably around 2 years ago and I was quite amazed by how popular it got :) The initial audience was people trying to recover lost files, but it stuck with hacking/forensics community, I even got to receive mails to appear in hacking magazines and blogs. That was quite unanticipated but I'm glad it's useful to other people :) I got the idea when I was a noobie coder and, among other flaws, didn't use any VC. I worked all day long on a script when instead of outputting my script execution to a file I... output my log file content into my script file, then bam, my script was gone. I searched for solutions to recover it, the thing is it was not just "deleted", the file was still present, but its content has been overwritten. So after some research, I found it was possible to recover it with mostly a combination of grep and dd. RecoverPy is just that, it uses grep and dd under the hood and eases the whole process. So in the past few weeks (a few hours during past weekends) I worked on an entire TUI framework switch. Previously I used a dated, unmaintained Python TUI framework, finding a sexy and fresh one was quite difficult when I started the project :/ But months ago I saw the textual project and was amazed by the result. I was only waiting for some widgets to be available (I didn't want to reinvent to wheel) to jump into it. Textual is just amazing honestly and I can only recommend it if you need a Python TUI framework. I'd be happy to hear any feedback, issue, bug, etc. RecoverPy worked quite well on previous version, 1.5.2, the heavy rework may have introduced some new bugs. Furthermore, if you want to contribute you're also more than welcome! RecoverPy code is quite simple and textual TUI framework enables a modern asyncio workflow and I think, is a good playground if you want to step up. https://ift.tt/7mdzecT January 14, 2023 at 04:32PM

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Escribe !emote y tu emote para unirte al juego

Watch video on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/3tGZ-bSpFWE