Compras a menudo en Amazon?? Pincha aquí!!!



ViewGrip: #1 Free Youtube Views, Likes & Subscribers




Powered by Restream.io


domingo, 24 de abril de 2022

Show HN: I'm making a dynamic language in Rust https://ift.tt/JIxRljO

Show HN: I'm making a dynamic language in Rust https://ift.tt/lfAdGk3 An implementation of a dynamic programming language in Rust. Includes: Parser/Compiler, REPL, Virtual Machine, Bytecode Disassembler This started out as a learning project to teach myself Rust. It has grown into a decently substantial piece of software and I've learned quite a bit in the process! Some neat things: + A garbage collector that can store dynamically sized types without any double-indirection (i.e. I have my own Box implementation with manual alloc/dealloc) + The smart pointer used to reference GCed data is a thin pointer. The ptr metadata needed for DSTs is stored in the GC allocation itself, so that the GC smart pointer is just a single usize wide. This allows me to keep the core value enum Variant down to 16 bytes (8 bytes for data, the enum discriminant, and some padding). + The GC also supports weak references! + Statically dispatched type object model using a newtype wrapper and Rust's declarative macros. Ok, what that means is that I have a MetaObject trait that I can use to easily add new data types and define the behavior for specific types. Similar idea to Python's PyTypeObject though very different in implementation. However, I don't resort to dynamic dispatch or trait objects despite working with dynamically type data. Instead, I have a newtype wrapper over the core value enum Variant that statically dispatches to each of the enum branches! And then a few macros that minimize the boilerplate required if I want to add a new branch to Variant or a new method to MetaObject (just a single line in each case). + Different string representations! This was inspired by the flexstr crate. Strings that are short enough to fit inside a Variant are "inlined" directly in the value. Longer strings are either GCed or interned in a thread-local string table. All identifiers are interned. + An efficient implementation of closures inspired by Lua's upvalues. The language is still pretty WIP. I'm planning to add an import system, a small standard library, and a few other things (Yes, the name might not be the best, being also used by a well-known ReST docs generator, I'll take suggestions. I do like the name though, both as a reference to the mythological creature and the cat :D) April 25, 2022 at 01:46AM

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Escribe !emote y tu emote para unirte al juego

Watch video on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/3tGZ-bSpFWE